Privacy and Cookie Policies
The data Usage Controller will be the owner of the website, whose complete information appears in the legal notice.
2. Used data, purpose and storage period
2.1 Used data: when applying for information or contact details with the Owner, subscription to our newsletters, or the purchase in our online e-commerce shop, the user must provide certain information by completing the prepared forms, where it will be clear which fields are compulsory.
During browsing, we may collect data such as the IP address assigned by the provider, or specific social profiles linked to the user.
2.2 Purposes: the purposes will be the following
- Contact: the email address or telephone number provided for the purpose of contact will be used to deliver an effective response to any issues raised.
- Newsletters: the email address, which will have to be verified by the user, or other similar data, such as a telephone number, will be used to send the newsletters as per the user’s interests.
- Online shop: the data will be used to process and manage the user’s registration into the shop and later processing of the order. The email address will be used to send offers and promotions of products similar to those purchased. The user will be able to decide whether to save the payment method information in order to use it as the default method in future purchases from our online shop.
2.3 Data storage period
The data storage period shall be the following
- Contact: the provided data will be deleted once the issues raised by the user have been resolved.
- Newsletters: the data will be used, from the moment the user gives their consent, until the moment they withdraw it, which can happen as many times as the user pleases. In each communication, the user will be able to begin the process free of charge and in an accessible way.
- Online shop: the data will be used until the user unregisters. In this case, to comply with Spanish accounting and tax regulations, the information will be stored for a minimum period of four years. The methods of payment will be stored until the user changes them or until the expiry date on them arrives –in the case of debit and credit cards.
3. Exercising rights
Any person has the right to obtain confirmation on whether their personal data is being used or not. Those persons interested have the right to access their personal information, as well as to request changes to correct inexact data, or, in any case, request its deletion when, among other reasons, it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected. In certain circumstances, the interested parties can request a limitation upon the use of their data, or oppose to its use altogether; in which case we shall only store the information in order to exercise or defend claims.
In certain circumstances, the interested parties can request a limitation upon the use of their data, or oppose to its use altogether; in which case we shall only store the information in order to exercise or defend claims.
To do so, users may reach us (i) with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (ii) by post to Carretera de Vigo-Bayona 127. 36213 de Vigo. Pontevedra (Spain). In both instances, the user will need to attach a photocopy of an ID card, passport, or equivalent accrediting documentation.
In the event that the user wishes to exercise their right to transfer the data, their information will be provided to the new Controller.
4. Legitimization of data usage
The legal basis for the use of the provided data is the consent granted by the user over their personal information to be utilized for one or several specific purposes, as well as to execute a contract the user is a party in, or to apply pre-contractual measures. Consent is always revocable and this right can be exercised in any moment.
5. Recipients and transfers
Data will not be disclosed, neither will there be international transfer.
6. Cookies, definition and functionality
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file downloaded to a computer or mobile phone device when the user accesses our website. Cookies allow us to, among other things, store and retrieve information about the user’s –or their device’s– browsing habits and, depending on the information contained and the way they use the computer, can be utilized to recognize the user.
What kind of cookies does our website use?
First-party cookies: these are the ones we send to the user’s computer or mobile phone device from our website.
Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s computer or mobile phone device from a domain or website that is not managed by us, but by another entity that uses the data obtained through the cookies (for example, Chat).
Session cookies: these cookies are designed to collect and store data while you browse our website.
Persistent cookies: this type of cookie continues to store data in the device and can be accredited and used during a specific period, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Analysis cookies: these cookies, used either by us or by a third party, allow us to quantify the number of users and to carry out statistical analysis and measurements to learn about user behavior in our website. For this, we study browsing data in our web page to improve the offer of products and services we provide.
7. Cookie management
Users can restrict, block or delete Palacio de Oriente’s cookies, or the ones from any other website, through the browser. Each web browser operates differently, but the ‘Help’ section can be used to learn how to do it.
8. Active cookies
Strictly necessary cookies:
- wordpress_logged_in_*, first-party, session cookie, to keep the user logged in,
- wordpress_sec_*, 15 days, first-party cookie that provides protection against hackers and stores account details
- wordpress_test_cookie, first-party, session cookie that checks if cookies can be placed
- wp-settings-1, persistent, first-party cookie that stores user preferences
- wp-settings-time-1, one year, first-party cookie that stores user preferences
- wp-wpml_current_admin_language_*, one year, first-party cookie for language preferences
- wp-wpml_current_language, one year, first-party cookie for language preferences
- moove_gdpr_popup, one year, first-party, for cookie use preferences
- tk_ai, first-party, session cookies for WooCommerce statistics
Marketing and analysis cookies:
- _ga_*, _ga : Marketing and analysis cookies
- _gat_UA-*, third-party, session cookies for Google Analytics statistics
- _gid, one day, third-party cookie for Google Analytics statistics
- _fbp, six months, third-party cookies for Facebook marketing and statistics
- _gcl_au, persistent, third-party cookie for Google Adsense
9. Safeguarding data protection
The user can configure their browser to accept, or not, the cookies that are placed; or set the web browser to warn them when a server wants to store or delete a cookie from their computer. Users can find the instructions in their web browser’s safety settings. Examples: when using Microsoft Internet Explorer, select the Tools button > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings. When using Firefox, go to Tools > Settings > Privacy > Cookies. If the user has Google Chrome, they will be able to find it the Settings menu > Privacy. For Safari, in the Preferences option > Security. Users can always seek the ‘Help’ section, which can be found within most browsers’ tool bar, to change their computer’s settings. However, some of the features of our online services may not function properly, or may become more difficult to access if the user rejects all the cookies.
Many web browsers allow a private mode to be activated, where cookies are always deleted after the user’s visit. Depending on the web browser, this private mode may have different names. We have compiled a list below with the most common web browsers, and the names of their private mode: Internet explorer 8 and above: InPrivate; Firefox 3.5 and above: Private Browsing; Google Chrome 10 and above: Incognito; Safari 2 and above: Private Browsing; Opera 10.5 and above: Private Browsing. Users should read their browser’s ‘Help’ section carefully to learn more about how to activate the ‘private mode’.
The user will still be able to visit our Web, ever if their browser is in ‘private mode’. However, that means the user’s experience might not be optimal, and some features might not function properly. PALACIO DE ORIENTE would be grateful for users who agree to activate the cookies, which helps us obtain data that is more precise, and thus allowing us to improve the content and the design of our Web page, as well as to adapt it to user preferences.